Monday 19 November 2012

Autumn at The Vyne


I'm doing a happy dance over here.  The last few months of pain and stress are finally over and I'm on maternity leave.  I'm still in pain and it's getting worse now baby is doubling in size (exaggeration but it bloody feels like it) every week but I can stand up and walk around and not feel tied to the desk any more which is amazing.  

I have so many plans for maternity leave too.  I've dug out my old sewing machine and learnt how to use it again so currently crafting away which is so fun I didn't think crafting was my thing.  I'm going to enjoy swimming and walking when the sun comes out.  I also have lots to sort out for baby too such as packing the hospital bag and sorting out the nursery.  

Yesterday we finally got outdoors to see the autumn colours before the leaves are gone and went for a sunny walk at our local National Trust property The Vyne.






I love the Vyne as it has a bit of everything in terms of outdoors.  It has a walled garden and I love me a walled garden.  I don't know what it is but I prefer rows of beds full of vegetables and flowers to pick than a well manicured garden.  We really need to visit over the summer next year, I said it last time we went to the Vyne and we just haven't gone back since!

After spending some time in the walled garden, we then took a look around the summerhouse.  The description of the summerhouse asked "what would you do with this space?" Hmm I watch quite a bit of Grand Designs I had quite a few ideas, I'm sure we could fit the three of us in there quite nicely!






There is quite a bit of land to walk around without having to buy a ticket to the main house so we went to make the most of the golden colours and sat and had a picnic of hot soup and bread.












1 comment:

  1. Those last few weeks are so special - I still have fond memories of sat knitting away with our first born.

    Enjoy

    Nina x

    ps. all those leaves!

    ReplyDelete