Monday 27 February 2012

Geffrye Museum

As the train pulled into Hoxton on a recent visit to London we noticed a big period building with people walking through and so by the power of Google Maps I had a look and saw it was a museum.  The museum goes by the name of Geffrye and as it says on the website it depicts the quintessential style of English middle-class living rooms.  

As I've said before I'm not really into museums I get very bored easily, what keeps me going is the architecture to admire.  As I'm a big fan of home interiors, this museum totally did it for me as it was basically a building full of rooms set up as they would have been over different periods through the last 100 years.  

If anyone is in the area over the summer I'm sure it's even better than when we went as the garden will be open and the tea room is a huge sun trap.
















No comments:

Post a Comment