Monday 19 March 2012

Mothering Sunday wanderings

As a big thank you for helping us for our wedding and in perfect time with Mothers day last weekend I organised a couple of surprises for my Mum.  We have both wanted to go and see Jersey Boys in London for ages now and so I finally got us some tickets.  On a whim we booked a cheap hotel to be the hub of our adventures and it was pretty good with nice views of some surrounding mews.  



If I had to live in a city, this would be my dream location!




We started off the weekend with some window shopping around the swanky department stores.  We had never been to Liberty before so I became a bit of a tourist and took lots of pictures.  We chose the flower shop entrance to the store, I love flower shops at this time of the year and especially so this weekend with Mothers day right around the corner.


 








After Liberty we visited the Mary Portas department in House of Fraser and yep we both bought a pair of the Kinky Knickers (no photo sorry...) though the way that people were going mad for them in Liberty we wonder whether we should leave them in the box...

Our last store was selfridges where I darted straight for the stationary section and cooed over all the amazing paper products then the food hall.



That night we went to see the show and it was just amazing, I had never realised how many songs I knew!

We spent the next day really exploring London a bit more.  We figured out the cycle hire system and cycled around Little Venice where we had a nice coffee at a boat cafe and found a lovely garden centre to have a wander around.  The cycling didn't stop there, we enjoyed it so much we then went cycling right around Hyde Park.











My last treat was to take Mum for a Mothers day special afternoon tea at Bake-a-Boo.  It was so nice there, it's like entering a living room and the smell of baking was amazing!


7 comments:

  1. Oooh what a lovely treat for both you and your mum! I love the look of the tea shop especially- yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can definitely recommend the place, really relaxed place for afternoon tea though slightly rushed on Mothers Day!

      Delete
  2. looks like you had a lovely weekend. Don't you think more people should paint their terraced housing bright colours? I live in South Wales where there's lots of terraced houses and I think the councils should pay towards painting streets like rainbows. Brighten the place up a bit. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! I love that people put their stamp on the street and it doesn't look tacky. I imagine if I lived on a street like this I would always change the colour :)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful photographs. I am so glad spring is here.

    ReplyDelete