Thursday 5 January 2012

New year wanderings

We had quite a busy night welcoming in the new year.  It started off with a trip to Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park where we had a look around the stalls, ate some, drank some and then went on some rides.  I absolutely love theme park rollercoasters, the higher and the more upside down they go the better - but for some reason I just can't do fairground rides which spin around ever since I squeezed my brothers arm till it went blue on the waltzers.  My lovely husband and uncle twisted my arm to go on what I can only describe as a big claw that swings from side to side while spinning - it certainly made me feel very alive but I was shaking for about an hour afterwards and spent the whole ride holding onto my glasses I bet everyone on the ride were just laughing at me!



Is there anything Spanish that is not nice?


The claw...it went higher trust me...


Would have been much happier on this...



Or this...

We then trekked over to the Thames to welcome in the new year and watch the famous firework display.  It was truly amazing even though there were people everywhere and we had trees obstructing the display a bit.






4 comments:

  1. Love your photos! Especially the carousel and the fireworks through the trees! Love all the lights! Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! I have given your blog and award - just check out my blog to receive it if you like! No worries if you have already gotten one like this before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmmmm Churros.
    Just popped over via Woolves at the Door.
    I am a scaredy-cat and would NEVER go on a ride like the claw. Merry-go-round yes...claw, no way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like so much fun. Love all the pictures. The claw looks oh so fun to me. I love those scary carnival rides.

    ReplyDelete